Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fresh bananas layered with sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese comprise this sumptuous Brazilian dessert. - From Saveur.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 ripe bananas, cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces, then lengthwise into 1/4-inch -thick slices
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°. Boil milks and cinnamon stick in 12" nonstick skillet over medium heat until reduced by half, about 30 minutes; discard cinnamon. Spread 1/3 reduced milk over bottom of an 8" x 8" baking dish; top with half the bananas and half the cream cheese. Repeat layering, ending with reduced milk; sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes.