1/1 Photo of Banana and Apricot Bread
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
From Jody Vassallo little ideas diabetes. I don't have a particularly sweet tooth for sugary foods but I do like savoury and or fruit breads which are not overly ladened with fruit through.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dried apricot (135g/4 1/2oz roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup sultana (85g/2 3/4oz)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice (low GI 250ml/8fl oz)
- 2 1/4 cups self-raising flour (stone ground 360g/12 oz)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 cup oat bran (unprocessed 70g/2 1/4oz)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (or low-calorie sweetner suitable for baking)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup buttermilk (250ml/8fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup mashed banana (just ripe 240g/7 2/3oz)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (350F/Gas 4).
- 2Lightly grease and line a 10cm x 20cm (4inch x 8inch) loaf tin.
- 3Put the apricots, sultanas and apple juice into a pan and bgring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes or until the fruit has absorbed all the liquid.
- 4Sift the flour, baking powder and mixed spice into a bowl and stir in the oat bran and sugar or sweetener.
- 5Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and oil and stir into the dry ingredients and then fold in the mashed banana and fruit mixture.
- 6Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
- 7Set aside for 5 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 8Serve the bread plain or with a low fat spread.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana and Apricot Bread
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 438.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: