Recipe by Maryland Jim
Had this at a friend's and it is fantastic.
Top Review by Nif
This was so delicious and so easy to make! I made half the amount and it was good for a snack for 4 of us. I lightly browned the coconut in a frying pan while the fruit was in the oven and I really liked the toasted taste of it. I will just cut the banana into 1" pieces the next time so they stay together better. So good! Made for ZWT7. Thanks Maryland Jim! :)
- 6 large bananas (just ripe)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Peel bananas; cut in half crosswise, then cut into quarters lengthwise.
- Dip each piece of banana in orange juice, then arrange banana pieces in pie plate.
- In small bowl, combine remaining orange juice, diced orange, and brown sugar. Spoon mixture over the bananas.
- Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes or until bananas are soft and glazed.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cococnut. Can be served either warm or cold.