Recipe by Rowenna
I was experimenting in the kitchen. It came out surprisingly good. I'll bet the same concept can be applied to pureed pumpkin or pureed butternut squash; maybe apple sauce. For the squash, I would add sugar or splenda, because they're not naturally as sweet as banana.
- 2 cups bananas, mashed
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, bananas, and instant pudding mix in a large bowl.
- Stir in egg yolks.
- Stir in almond meal.
- Beat egg white until peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch round pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- For best texture, cool completely before enjoying.