Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Love banana bread and I love my bread machine. The pair together is the best thing since sliced banana bread! This is a super moist, cholesterol and fat (except the small amount in the flour) free bread that you can just pop into your bread machine and let it bake! It's the best banana bread I've ever had, and ever made. I hope you'll enjoy it! Note: Recipe does not double well in the bread machine. Should be fine if you want to do it by hand and bake in the oven at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, sucanat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, chopped
- 3 mashed bananas
- Put the items into the bread machine in the order suggested by your manufacturer. I actually prefer the wet ingredients first for quick breads because otherwise the flour sometimes doesn't get mixed all the way inches.
- Set the bread machine for quick or sweet bread.
- Let it go!
- You can use different nuts, add some raisins, whatever you want. I might also add a little cinnamon next time.
- NOTE: Sucanat is dried cane sugar. You can also use half sucanat and half brown sugar.
- In order to make this a clean recipe, choose organic. My flour is milled from grain I purchase from non-gmo sources, but organic works too.
The good: the finished product is moist, has good texture and isn't overly sweet. This would be a great breakfast meal.<br/>The BAD: I doubled the recipe, followed thie directions exactly and used the"quick" bread setting (1hr43min) as recommended. When it started baking the flour hadn't mixed in with the wet ingredients because they were too thick (no water.) I then had to mix the flour into the wet ingredients by hand and let the machine cool before starting again. This time I started with the "Express Bake 2 lb" since it was 58 min long and the batter was already mixed. When the cycle was finished, the outside was baked and the inside was still raw! I then had to let the machine cool AGAIN. I accidentally started the same setting over and the middle sunk but I was determined! After all, my home already smelled like banana bread!!! So I put it on the "bake" setting (1 hr) and THIS time it was finally finished. I'll have to do some adjusting, but it really is a good recipe.