Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I ran across this recipe on the Coffee and Quinoa food blog. I've made them a few times and they are a fun alternative to plain oatmeal for breakfast. http://www.coffeeandquinoa.com
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas or 4 -5 bananas
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds
- additional raw sliced almonds, sprinkle on top before baking
- 12 slices bananas, add on top before baking
- almond butter
- maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin tin with baking spray, coating bottoms and sides.
- If almond butter is thick, microwave it for about 30 seconds to soften it up.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Spoon into muffin cups.
- Top with a few sliced almonds and a slice of banana.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes before running a knife around the edges and removing them from the tin. Serve with a dab of almond butter on top and a drizzle of maple syrup.