Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is such a cool twist on cake pops and oreo truffles if you ask me. I found the idea for this on this blog: www.inquiringchef.com/2013/02/14/chocolate-dipped-banana-bread-truffles/. Feel free to use your favourite banana bread, but keep in mind that the chocolate makes the truffles sweet, so dont use one that has loads of added sugar. This recipe easily doubles or triples for larger batches.
- First mash your banana bread up by using either a potato masher/ricer or a food processor. I found that the crust was easy to break up so I didnt bother cutting it off, but you can do that before you mash your bread.
- Add the cream cheese and mix it in until your dough is pliable and holds together well. Depending on how moist your bread is you might need more or less cream cheese.
- Roll the dough into balls (mine were the size of a walnut, but you can go as small or big as you like).
- Melt the chocolate (in the microwave or over a water bath) and dip your truffles into it until well coated. A fork works nicely for this.
- Sprinkle on desired toppings.
- Set the truffles down onto a piece of parchment paper and allow to dry for a few hours (putting them into the fridge will speed up the process, but the chocolate might get cloudy).