Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made these muffins when my cocoa powder was used up and some bananas were left not eaten. My husband loves the smell as they were cooking and of course eating them!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (I used self raising flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 -3 ripe bananas (well mashed)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg (well beaten)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (melted on the stove)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F (190 degree C).
- Mix all ingredients A in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix well all ingredients B; mashed bananas, beaten egg, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Pour mixed ingredients B into mixed ingredients A and mix together.
- Prepare or greased muffin pan/cups (12 cups) with butter.
- Fill 3/4 full muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes; rotating the pan halfway through baking time.
- When done, remove the pan from the oven.
- Turn the pan upside down quickly to flip muffins from cups.
- Turn the muffins right side up and cool briefly before eating.
- You can sprinkle muffins top with castor/icing sugar and ground cinnamon if you want.