Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
A street food from Singapore
- 225 g self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 350 ml water
- freshly ground roasted peanuts, without skin (just roast the peanuts in a wok, stir constantly without oil)
- sesame (optional)
- beat egg, add butter, sugar, salt and water/milk.
- Add flour and mix to form a smooth batter.
- leave for several hours.
- Heat non stick pan, oiled lightly with butter if necessary, pour batter onto the pan, cover and cook till done(a nice brown underneath) on slow/medium heat.
- Remove from pan, throw some peanut/sesame and sugar over, fold into half, cut and serve immediately.