Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a family recipe that I got by watching my Oma and Opa cook. Amounts are estimates since they use terms like "about like so", "enough", and "til it's good" to describe how much to use...like every experienced cook. <3
- 1⁄2 head cabbage
- 2 small onions
- 1 bunch green onion
- 5 -6 garlic cloves
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 -4 tablespoons bacon grease
- 2 -4 chicken bouillon cubes
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces egg noodles, long and thin
- Get a large pot of water heating to boil the noodles.
- Cut cabbage into bite-sized pieces, chop green onions, mince garlic and thinly slice onion.
- Melt bacon grease in a wok or large skillet, brown garlic while stirring constantly.
- Add onion and continue to stir until really brown and most of the juices are absorbed.
- Add chicken. Once chicken is cooked through add the green onions and cabbage.
- Cook until cabbage is limp, just a few minutes.
- Sprinkle on the bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles (5-7 minutes) and combine with veggie/chicken mixture.
- Can be served as is, or over rice. I like to include a dash of Maggi Seasoning sauce or Soy sauce too.