1/4 Photos of Bami Goreng ( Indonesian Stir Fried Noodles )
- Carla -'s Note:
There are as many recipes for Bami Goreng as there are people to make them. Bami Goreng is an Indonesian dish that's traditional to Holland. It seems like a lot of work but it really isn't - if I'm having company for dinner I slice, dice and prepare all my ingredients (including cooking the noodles) and place them in separate zip-lock bags in the refrigerator until I'm ready to use. This makes actual cooking time a snap! This is my version and I hope you enjoy it. You can spice it up if you like by adding more or less sambal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g bami noodles (or other style Asian Noodle)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 500 g chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 175 g ham, cubed
- 150 g shrimp, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (Indonesian Red Chili Paste)
- 4 -6 tablespoons ketjap manis (Indonesian Sweet Soya Sauce)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2Heat a large wok or frying pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Swirl in the beaten egg to make a thin omelet.
- 4Remove from pan allow to cool; cut into thin strips and set aside.
- 5In a large wok style pan heat oil.
- 6Saute the chicken with garlic, coriander, ginger and broth until chicken is no longer pink (5 to 7 minutes).
- 7Add sliced onion, carrot, red pepper, leek and ketjap manis; sauté 4 to 5 minutes.
- 8Add cubed ham, uncooked shrimp, and sambal oelek; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink.
- 9Add sliced omelet and noodles; mix well and heat throughly before serving.
- 10Serve with lychees and kroepoek, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bami Goreng ( Indonesian Stir Fried Noodles )
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 822.3
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 355.1 mg
- Sodium 896.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 60.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: