1/2 Photos of Bami Goreng
Exotic, tropical, cosmopolitan Broome, an old pearling town in Western Australia, is a popular holiday destination. On market day, stall vendors whip up a wonderfully tempting array of dishes. This is one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hokkien noodles
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried shrimp paste (trassi)
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into julienne strips
- 8 ounces Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketjap manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (or more/less as needed)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- cilantro leaf, chopped,to garnish
- lime wedge
- 1Prepare noodles as per instruction on the packet, then drain and set aside.
- 2Heat wok and add the oil.
- 3Stir-fry the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes, then add dried shrimp paste and sambal oelek and saute a further minute, or until fragrant.
- 4Add vegetables and toss quickly until cooked but still crunchy.
- 5Finally added prepared noodles with fish sauce, kecap manis and tomato sauce.
- 6Stir through until well flavored and heated through.
- 7Add chicken stock to moisten further if necessary.
- 8Serve garnished with peanuts and cilantro, and offer wedges of lime.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bami Goreng
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 652.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried shrimp paste