Recipe by josamky1063
These chocolatey treats have the chewy richness of brownies but contain only a small portion of the fat and calories.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 8-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, brown sugar and cocoa in medium bowl. Blend together egg, egg whites, margarine, milk, honey and vanilla in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture; mix well. Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake brownies about 30 minutes or until they spring back when lightly touched in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving, if desired. Cut into bars.
- Peanutters Substitute peanut butter chips for chocolate chips and peanuts for walnuts.
- Butterscotch Babies Substitute butterscotch chips for chocolate chips and pecans for walnuts.
- Brownie Sundaes Serve brownies on dessert plates. Top each brownie with a scoop of vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt and 2 tablespoons nonfat chocolate or caramel sauce.