Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Need your husband to finish his honey do list? Give this a try.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Combine ketchup, HALF of beer, vinegar, cilantro, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cumin, salt, Tabasco in medium sauce pan. Simmer 1/2 hour.
- When husband comes in and asks, "What smells so good?" mention the honey do list and hand him one cold beer.
- When is list is complete, or at least a valiant effort has been made, serve sauce on chicken, beef, or pork. Best if brushed on during grilling and served on side of cooked meat.
This was delicious!!! I used it on pork ribs and it was perfect. Sticky, sweet and spicy all at once. I used a local ale and NO cilantro - just can't eat that stuff! Made for 1,2,3 Tag. Thanks! :)
Yep! DH wanted to know what the wonderful smell was. He really isn't a beer drinker although I did have some left over from a "Guy thing", which I used. He loved the sauce. I did simmer it till it thicken. About 2 hours. It has a wonderful spicy flavor with a bite. I served mine over grilled chicken breast and also along side of it. Yum! Thanks for posting. :)
Excellent sauce!!!!! I made this to use on some fall off the bone babyback ribs. Since I was only grilling one rack of ribs, I cut the recipe in half. This is easy to get together with items I normally have on hand and I let this simmer while my ribs were cooking in the oven. Thanks Vicki for sharing this great BBQ sauce!!! Made for 123 Tag.