Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A twist on regular cabbage rolls. Posted from an online source in response to a recipe request.
- 1 lb cabbage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb pork, cubed
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 slices bacon
- Remove outer, wilted cabbage leaves and core.
- Place cabbage in a large pot of boiling water and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove and drain.
- Carefully pull off 12 leaves and set aside.
- Finely chop the rest of the cabbage.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and add onions, and meats.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add the chopped cabbage, caraway seeds, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in the white wine.
- Cover and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil, line the dish with half the cabbage leaves.
- Spoon in the meat mixture, cover with the rest of the cabbage leaves.
- Cut bacon strips in half and arrange on top.
- Place in preheated 350 degrees F.
- oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes.