Recipe by threeovens
An easy candy recipe from New Zealand. You don't need a candy thermometer for this one. Just make sure you have the ingredients nearby so that making this chocolate candy is a snap. You Confectioner, You.
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered)
- roasted almonds
- maraschino cherry
- crushed almonds
- toasted coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Set out 3 small bowl; one with crushed almonds, one with powdered cocoa, one with toasted coconut. The formed candies will be rolled in one of these toppings to finish.
- Melt chocolate pieces in a saucepan over low heat, while stirring. Stir in egg until mixed. Slowly add sugar. Once thick enough to handle begin to make the candies.
- Form a ball of chocolate around one almond and one cherry. Roll chocolate ball in one of the toppings and set aside to harden and dry. Work quickly and reheat chocolate as necessary to make candies.
- A bowl of ice water is handy for dipping your fingers in now and then so you don't melt the candies as you are forming them.