2 hrs 10 mins
bama jr.'s Note:
A really quick and easy stew to put together. This has no nasty surprises such as skin, bones, gristle, etc. Serve with corn bread or crackers and American cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a soup pot, over medium high heat, add chicken broth, chicken, and onions.
- 2If neccessary, break up large chunks of chicken.
- 3Bring to a boil,reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Add potatoes, tomatoes,and corn . Use 1/2 cup water to rinse cans and add to pot.
- 5Stir well, cover, and adjust heat so you have a slow simmer. Usually somewhere between medium low and medium.
- 6After simmering for 30 minutes, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Continue simmering for at least 1 1/2 hours, covered.
- 8Stir often to be sure corn doesn't stick.
- 9If neccessary, add more water to thin.
- 10Some people like macaroni in their stew. If you do, add 1/2 cup elbow macaroni about 1 hour before cooking time is finished.
- 11This refrigerates very well, and tastes even better the next day.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bama Jr.'s Can Opener Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.4
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 1641.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 34.7 g