Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Favorite family recipe with just a hint of a kick.
Make and share this Baltischer Rüben-Geschmack (Baltic Beet Relish) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 quart raw cabbage
- 1 quart beet, Cooked
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 2⁄3 cup horseradish, grated
- white vinegar, as needed
- Chop cabbage and beets using a food processor. Add seasonings and horseradish.
- Mix thoroughly. Put into quart jars til just over 3/4 full. Cover mixture with cold vinegar.
- Cover and refrigerate. Will keep up to one year in refrigerator.
- You can also "can" the mixture by bringing it to boiling then covering with hot vinegar in the hot jars allowing the lids to seal during cooling.