Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful and elegant seafood recipe. It is sure to impress.
- 1 -2 bunch fresh broccoli
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of shrimp soup
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb scallops, drained
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- Cook broccoli, cut into flowerlets.
- Combine soup, milk, mayonnaise, and sherry, add the spices.
- Warm over medium heat, stirring often.
- Add shrimp and scallops.
- Place broccoli around the edge of a 13 x 9 pan or casserole.
- Sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Put shrimp mixture in center, but dribble over the broccoli.
- Mix cheese and bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over top and dot with butter.
- Sprinkle all with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
- A great presentation is to press the cooked rice in a ramekin and invert onto a serving plate. Then spoon the seafood mixture over and around the mound of rice.