Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
I have taken the reviewer's comments about pan size and number of portions into account for this adopted recipe. I did not change the sugar content because I like sweet desserts. Feel free to make your own changes to suit your tastes.
Top Review by zukas
This is a quick and easy recipe, but not a true, Baltimore peach cake. The original peach cake has a springy dough because it is made with yeast. A good, traditional recipe is the in an ancient BGE cookbook. This is tasty, though.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- With electric mixer, blend first five ingredients. Spread in greased and floured 15x10" jelly roll pan.
- Mix together the 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle half the mixture lightly over dough base.
- Arrange peach slices in rows on top of cinnamon sugar. Sprinkle with remainder of cinnamon sugar mixture and drizzle melted butter over all.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in preheated 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven.
- Cool, then slice into small squares.