Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A nice easy crock pot recipe I tweaked a bit from one I found online. Very tasty, and great for leftovers!
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs stew meat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 (12 ounce) jars mushroom gravy
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 lb baby carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) can peas, drained
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- flour, for thickening if desired
- Brown meat in skillet.
- Place meat in crock pot first, then add pepper and onion soup mix.
- Add gravy, then potatoes, carrots, peas, and mushrooms, in that order.
- Pour wine over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Stir in flour by the teaspoon in the last hour of cooking to desired thickness, if necessary.
- Add a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce, if desired.
We found this just OK! We would have added only one jar of the mushroom gravy and left out the peas. A red wine would have been more appropriate with the red meat. Over all it was not bad, just was not to our tastes. Thanks for the recipe.