Recipe by Beeracuda
A nice easy crock pot recipe I tweaked a bit from one I found online. Very tasty, and great for leftovers!
Top Review by Chef Shadows
We found this just OK! We would have added only one jar of the mushroom gravy and left out the peas. A red wine would have been more appropriate with the red meat. Over all it was not bad, just was not to our tastes. Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs stew meat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 (12 ounce) jars mushroom gravy
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 lb baby carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) can peas, drained
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- flour, for thickening if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in skillet.
- Place meat in crock pot first, then add pepper and onion soup mix.
- Add gravy, then potatoes, carrots, peas, and mushrooms, in that order.
- Pour wine over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Stir in flour by the teaspoon in the last hour of cooking to desired thickness, if necessary.
- Add a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce, if desired.