Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great salad with rose petals. Pretty and flavorful
Make and share this Balti Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon rose-flavored vinegar (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup white cabbage leaf, finely shredded
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups celeriac, finely grated
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 10 snow peas, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups scented rose petals
- In a skillet, heat the oil and stir-fry the mustard seeds for about ten seconds.
- Add the garlic and continue frying for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat.
- When the oil is cold, mix with the ginger and rose-flavored vinegar and then add to the prepared vegetables.
- Season to taste
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish with rose petals.