Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick curry-almost a stir fry. No time allowed for the 1 hour marinading.
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 500 g lamb, filet thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 red chilies, quartered
- Combine yogurt, curry paste, garlic, salt, garam masala, coriander and lemon juice in a non-reactive bowl. Mix well. Add the lamb; stir until well coated. Cover and marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a medium-high heat. Add the lamb and marinade gradually, stirring constantly until colour changes. Stir fry until lamb is tender-about 8-10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, tomato, capsicum and chilies. Cool for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Delish! The lamb was very tender & flavorful (I ended up marinating about 3 hours, as DH was running late). I especially love the brightness that the fresh tomato and green pepper give to the dish. And it was super quick & easy to make, I'm definitely adding to my list of weeknight dinners. I might try adding more curry paste next time, the brand I found was pretty mild. I also might marinate in the morning before work, but I always have to play... This was wonderful, thanks for posting!