1/4 Photos of Balti Fish Curry
Posting this for my brother from a book recommended by Kookaburra. Australian Womans Weekly Asian Meals in Minutes. The orginal recipe doesn't add salt but with fresh coriander I like to add a bit of salt. I also increased the garlic from 2 to 3 cloves and the coconut cream from 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g white fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium white onions, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red Thai chile, chopped finely (use more if you wish)
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (400 g) cans whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, loosely packed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1Cut fish into 2cm pieces.
- 2Heat oil in wok or pan, cook onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and spices until onion softens.
- 3Add undrained crushed tomatoes to onion mixture, season to taste and bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- 5Add fish and coconut cream, bring to boil.
- 6Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered about 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- 7Just before serving, stir in coriander and mint.
- 8Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balti Fish Curry
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 134.0 mg
- Sodium 173.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red Thai chile