Recipe by Brian Holley
Coconut lovers will die for this dish. An aromatic curry, simple to cook, this will become a fixture on your menu. It's that good. Believe me.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, and cubed
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 3 fluid ounces coconut milk
- 6 fluid ounces fromage frais
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, pulp
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh garlic, pulp
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 green cardamom pods, opened
- 1 bay leaf, crumpled up
- 1 dried red chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok, dry roast the almond and 1 tbsp desiccated coconut till it takes on a little colour. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- To the coconut/almond mix add the coconut milk, fromage frais, ground coriander, chilli powder, garlic, ginger and salt, mix well to blend all together.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the chicken with the cardamoms and bay leaf, till the chicken has the juices sealed inches Do not brown the chicken.
- Add the coconut mixture to the pan with red chilli and fresh coriander. Cook for 12 mins covered. Remove the lid and cook uncovered for 3 minutes
- Stir in the desiccated coconut and serve.
- Plai rice and curried prawns go well with this, or a vegetable dish.