1/2 Photos of Balti Coconut Chicken
Brian Holley's Note:
Coconut lovers will die for this dish. An aromatic curry, simple to cook, this will become a fixture on your menu. It's that good. Believe me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, and cubed
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 3 fluid ounces coconut milk
- 6 fluid ounces fromage frais
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, pulp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh garlic, pulp
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 green cardamom pods, opened
- 1 bay leaf, crumpled up
- 1 dried red chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1In a wok, dry roast the almond and 1 tbsp desiccated coconut till it takes on a little colour. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- 2To the coconut/almond mix add the coconut milk, fromage frais, ground coriander, chilli powder, garlic, ginger and salt, mix well to blend all together.
- 3Heat the oil in a wok and fry the chicken with the cardamoms and bay leaf, till the chicken has the juices sealed inches Do not brown the chicken.
- 4Add the coconut mixture to the pan with red chilli and fresh coriander. Cook for 12 mins covered. Remove the lid and cook uncovered for 3 minutes
- 5Stir in the desiccated coconut and serve.
- 6Plai rice and curried prawns go well with this, or a vegetable dish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balti Coconut Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.7
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 1480.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 51.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green cardamom pods