Recipe by Brian Holley
An unusual kofta dish as it uses chicken. It makes a great party dish, as an appetizer and goes well with a glass of lager. This dish can be served withh PANEER, an India type cheese if you can find it, here where I live in Spain it is not availiable.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 fresh green chilies, chopped
- 1 pint water
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients with the water into a pan and cook over medium heat till all the water till the water has evaporated.
- Cool the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Put the mixture into a blender and process for 2 minutes.
- Form the mixture into about a dozen balls.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry the kofta balls till light golden brown, drain on kitchen paper and serve.