Recipe by Brian Holley
The whole spices used in this dish give it a wonderful flavour. Cooked from start to finish in 30 minutes this is easy. Wok a way to curry chicken !!!!!
Top Review by Mia #3
Hi Brian I'M dying to give this receipe a try, it looks so good, and very simple to make. I think I have just about everything, for the exception of the curry leaves, which I'll just sub. for curry powder. Hope it turns out as nice and good as yours looks!!! Thanks again for posting!!! PS. I'M only giving 4 stars,as I have'nt made it yet. Well today I made your Balti Chicken receipe, and it was just wonderful, the fresh coriander went lovely in this receipe. Will definitely make it again, Thanks Brian for sharing this wonderful receipe with all of us.
- 2 lbs skinless chicken, and cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 4 curry leaves
- 3 dried red chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pomegranate seeds (if you have them)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 5 fresh green chilies, chopped
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix together the mustard seeds, onion seeds, fennel seeds, curry leaves, red chillies, cumin seeds, pomegranate seeds, salt, ginger and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the spices with the green chillies and the onions, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato and chicken and cook over low heat till the chicken is cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves.