Recipe by Brian Holley
This is an easy and quick to cook curry. Balti is cooked in an Indian version of the wok. If you haven't cooked Balti you don't know what you are missing. Wonderful flavour everyone will love it.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces, and jointed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 black cardamom pods, split open
- 5 peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 fresh green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onions till golden.
- Add the tomatoes, stir well.
- Add all the spices and cook over low heat for five minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook till browned all over.
- Add the yogurt and stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid or foil,and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Serve with plain boiled rice.