Top Review by Bergy
Very upbeat spicy, but not overbearing sauce on the chicken. The chicken comes out juicy and very flavorful. Would be great over rice or with noodles. Watch that you don't get heavy handed with the cloves or the garam masala. you need to keep the spices in balance. I'll try this recipe with pork too! Thanks Tory
- 150 ml natural yoghurt
- 50 g ground almonds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 kg chicken, skinned,boned and cubed
- 75 g butter
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 tablespoons single cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the yoghurt, ground almonds, all the dry spices, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and salt in a mixing bowl and blend together thoroughly.
- Put the chicken into a large mixing bowl and pour over the yoghurt mixture.
- Set aside.
- Melt together the butter and oil in a medium karahi, wok or frying pan.
- Add the onions and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for about 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in about half of the coriander and mix well.
- Pour over the cream and stir in well.
- Bring to the boil.
- Serve garnished with the remaining chopped coriander.