Recipe by veegkitchen57
an easy vegetable side dish with a great flavor. other veggies can be used instead of the ones listed (e.g. okra, baby corn, snow peas), or full size veggies can be cut down to baby-like sizes.
- 10 new potatoes, halved
- 12 -15 baby carrots
- 12 -15 baby zucchini
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 15 white pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, pulp
- 1 teaspoon ginger, pulp
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil and add potatoes and baby carrots. after 12-15 minutes, add the zucchini and boil for 5 additional minutes, until veggies are just tender. drain the veggies and set aside.
- while the veggies are cooking, begin to heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, and add the onions. cook until the onions are golden brown. then lower the heat, adding chili sauce, garlic, ginger, and salt.
- add chickpeas and stir-fry over medium heat until moisture is absorbed.
- add the other cooked veggies and tomatoes. cook entire mixture over medium heat for about 2 more minutes.
- garnish with crushed red pepper and sesame seeds.