Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Tasty side dish or snack. Prep time includes steaming.
- 6 -8 carrots, peeled, and cut on the diagonal into ovals
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Steam carrot ovals till al dente.
- In a medium glass mixing bowl, mix vinegar, honey,and red pepper flakes, adjust amounts to taste. Toss in carrots to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and serve.
Super easy to make. When I got home, but before I left to pick the kids up from the bus, (so about 10 minutes) I cleaned and sliced the carrots and put them in my steamer. When I got home from the bus they were steamed and I could add the other ingredients. Put it in the fridge and left the house for an hour or two. These have a nice strong flavor. We ate them as a side to grilled chicken. Thanks.