Recipe by Liza Boo
My Boyfriends favorite, and really easy to make. Left overs are just as good. I make this for a crowd with steamed carrots and a side salad for a complete healthy meal. NOTE: for those with Gluten Allergies or Celiac, this can work with GF noodles and draining them before adding them to the pot with the chicken, however I recommend half cooking the noodles before trying to add them to the chicken... otherwise the chicken gets tough by the time the noodles are cooked.
Top Review by Merlot
WOW, we really enjoyed this!!! The chicken turned out super moist and tender and very flavorful...perfect for the pasta and tomatoes. I topped it off with the fresh mozzarella. This is a perfect dish for family or guests. Thanks for sharing, Liz Bruer!
- 1 lb chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken tenders
- 4 cups balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
- baby fresh mozzarella cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade Chicken in Wine, Olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar 20-30min.
- Peel and Crush Garlic and toss in pan with the Chicken and Marinade.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for ten minutes.
- Cover and set aside for another 20 min while you prepare any sides or salads (this step can be skipped if you are in a hurry).
- Break Angel Hair in half or thirds.
- Bring Chicken back to a boil (if you need more liquid just add equal parts of Wine and Balsamic).
- Add Pasta and cherry tomatos to pot.
- Cook Pasta according to package directions but do not drain, the starch from the pasta thickens the sauce. (Gluten Free option** please see note at the top).
- Serve on plate next to veggies or alone in a bowl, garnish with baby mozzarella.