Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Boyfriends favorite, and really easy to make. Left overs are just as good. I make this for a crowd with steamed carrots and a side salad for a complete healthy meal. NOTE: for those with Gluten Allergies or Celiac, this can work with GF noodles and draining them before adding them to the pot with the chicken, however I recommend half cooking the noodles before trying to add them to the chicken... otherwise the chicken gets tough by the time the noodles are cooked.
- 1 lb chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken tenders
- 4 cups balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
- baby fresh mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Marinade Chicken in Wine, Olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar 20-30min.
- Peel and Crush Garlic and toss in pan with the Chicken and Marinade.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for ten minutes.
- Cover and set aside for another 20 min while you prepare any sides or salads (this step can be skipped if you are in a hurry).
- Break Angel Hair in half or thirds.
- Bring Chicken back to a boil (if you need more liquid just add equal parts of Wine and Balsamic).
- Add Pasta and cherry tomatos to pot.
- Cook Pasta according to package directions but do not drain, the starch from the pasta thickens the sauce. (Gluten Free option** please see note at the top).
- Serve on plate next to veggies or alone in a bowl, garnish with baby mozzarella.
WOW, we really enjoyed this!!! The chicken turned out super moist and tender and very flavorful...perfect for the pasta and tomatoes. I topped it off with the fresh mozzarella. This is a perfect dish for family or guests. Thanks for sharing, Liz Bruer!
Thanks for a tasty recipe! I added some diced onion to the pot with the garlic. I also used the mozzarella, which was a nice touch.