Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 37 mins
Very juicy and easy--clean up isn't bad either. I saw a recipe for barbecue chicken in foil and decided to alter it for my tastes. Prep time includes roasting the garlic (optional, you can just get canned garlic if you want, I haven't tried it that way.)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- lemon pepper seasoning (to taste)
- 9 roasted garlic cloves (I really love garlic so if you don't, you can use a lot less)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- aluminum foil
- minimal butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lay out foil and make a small "pan" with it, two to three layers is okay because it will help clean up.
- Spread a very light layer of butter on the foul where you will place the chicken later.
- Season the chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning, press it down into the chicken a little.
- Sprinkle balsamic vinegar on all sides of chicken, don't make a bath for it but just put it on the chicken.
- Place three garlic cloves on each piece of chicken, evenly spaced, smashed on top of each chicken, sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Cook in the oven for 35 minutes, open foil.
- Sprinkle desired amount of shredded cheese on top of the chicken and cook uncovered for another 2-3 minutes. Cooking time might differ depending on the size of the chicken (mine were pretty small).
- Enjoy while its hot! Dip in more vinegar or the juices in the foil if you need more flavor.
This was good and pretty healthy. It is really easy and good for a busy night!
It was good, I should have used more lemon Pepper. We made this in a glass dish.