Recipe by ashley_nikki07
Very juicy and easy--clean up isn't bad either. I saw a recipe for barbecue chicken in foil and decided to alter it for my tastes. Prep time includes roasting the garlic (optional, you can just get canned garlic if you want, I haven't tried it that way.)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- lemon pepper seasoning (to taste)
- 9 roasted garlic cloves (I really love garlic so if you don't, you can use a lot less)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- aluminum foil
- minimal butter
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lay out foil and make a small "pan" with it, two to three layers is okay because it will help clean up.
- Spread a very light layer of butter on the foul where you will place the chicken later.
- Season the chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning, press it down into the chicken a little.
- Sprinkle balsamic vinegar on all sides of chicken, don't make a bath for it but just put it on the chicken.
- Place three garlic cloves on each piece of chicken, evenly spaced, smashed on top of each chicken, sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Cook in the oven for 35 minutes, open foil.
- Sprinkle desired amount of shredded cheese on top of the chicken and cook uncovered for another 2-3 minutes. Cooking time might differ depending on the size of the chicken (mine were pretty small).
- Enjoy while its hot! Dip in more vinegar or the juices in the foil if you need more flavor.