Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is very similar to the recipe in the Panera Bread cookbook with quantities scaled down and modifications made for typical home use. It tastes best if made at least a few hours before serving. It keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (use the best quality you can)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine vinegar, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper in small mixing bowl. Mix well with a whisk. Slowly pour in the olive oil while continually whisking in order to form an emulsion.
- Refrigerate and use within a week.
Delicious..even though I forgot the tarragon..best salad dressing ever. And that is saying something!! I've tried bottled and had Panara Bread salad dressing. Panara's is the best. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I will use it often.
Delicious - all that herbal goodness really came through. I did also add a soupcon of Dijon mustard as I love it in vinaigrettes. Served with a baby greens salad.