1 hr 30 mins
Quick and easy recipe; also great for low-fat options. Includes a variation of veggies (fresh or frozen), carbohydrates, and lean meat. A must-have recipe for those nights after work when cooking seems overbearing and exhausting. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- garlic powder
- 2 -3 cups balsamic vinaigrette, low-fat
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups frozen-fresh mixed vegetables (mushrooms, carrots, peas, green beans, onions, red peppers, baby corn, waterchestnuts, etc.)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Sprinkle a desired amount of garlic powder, salt, and pepper over the chicken breasts. Then place them in a deep baking dish.
- 2Add balsamic vinaigrette to dish, until chicken breasts are covered.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 30-45 mins and allow to marinate. (The longer it refrigerates, the better the flavor!)
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F When chicken is done marinating, place the baking dish, uncovered, in oven to bake for 30-45 minutes (until chicken is cooked through). Be careful not to overcook, as chicken can become tough and dry.
- 5**15 MINUTES BEFORE CHICKEN IS READY:
- 6In a medium skillet, heat oil and minced garlic on medium until garlic is fragrant and light brown.
- 7Add vegetables and cook until tender. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Cook couscous according to box instructions.
- 8Add lemon juice to vegetables, and lower heat to a simmer.
- 9After fluffing couscous with a fork, add to the vegetables in skillet.
- 10TO SERVE: Place cooked chicken breast on a bed of vegetables and couscous, and then spoon out 2-3 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette to cover top of chicken. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Vinaigrette Chicken & Vegetable Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 707.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 41.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: