Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Adapted from Cooking Light.
Top Review by woodland hues
Loved this vinaigrette over greens this evening for supper. Didn't have chicken but will another time. Used stevia instead of honey, and 1/2tbsp dried basil instead of basil leaves. This is so good I'm reserving the fifth and last star for when I use fresh basil leaves and prepare the chicken with it..that will be outstanding!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (each weighing 4 ounces)
- 8 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make vinaigrette: place all vinaigrette ingredients into the container of an electric blender; I also add salt to taste.
- Process until smooth; will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- To make the salad: Add 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette and chicken breasts to a shallow dish.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Take chicken out of the dish and throw away marinade.
- Put the chicken on a broiler pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Broil for 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Add the remaining Balsamic Vinaigrette to the salad greens; toss to coat.
- Divide salad greens among 4 individual plates; top each salad green bed with a chicken breast.