Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Balsamic Vinaigrette Chicken over Gourmet Greens recipe from Food.com.
- To make vinaigrette: place all vinaigrette ingredients into the container of an electric blender; I also add salt to taste.
- Process until smooth; will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- To make the salad: Add 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette and chicken breasts to a shallow dish.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Take chicken out of the dish and throw away marinade.
- Put the chicken on a broiler pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Broil for 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Add the remaining Balsamic Vinaigrette to the salad greens; toss to coat.
- Divide salad greens among 4 individual plates; top each salad green bed with a chicken breast.
Loved this vinaigrette over greens this evening for supper. Didn't have chicken but will another time. Used stevia instead of honey, and 1/2tbsp dried basil instead of basil leaves. This is so good I'm reserving the fifth and last star for when I use fresh basil leaves and prepare the chicken with it..that will be outstanding!