Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just love the taste of balsamic vinegar and this is an excellent vinaigrette!! I used to have something similar to this at an Italian restaurant that my husband and I frequented when living in Northern California. I don't recall where I found this recipe but it is definetly a keeper. It's also a good marinade for grilled chicken.
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 8 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil in blender and blend until smooth.
- With blender running slowly pour in olive oil.
- Best if made 1-2 days in advance.
- Makes 1-1/2 cups.
Very tasty dressing, also great for bread dipping. Relatively easy to make (definitely better after refrigerating overnight).