Recipe by James Wilson
Served over Boston Lettuce or Romaine, this is a great alternative to another night of Hidden Valley Ranch. It's a great balance of acid, oil and sweetness. And its simple too boot.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
I make balsamic vinaigrette all the time, but never put the chicken broth, and actually never tried tarragon, so the recipe got me interested. Very good, nice flavor, it went great with my salad. Thx for the new twist on my balsamic vinaigrettes.
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Of course this is better with all fresh ingredients, but I've made it plenty of times with dried herbs, chicken bullion broth, and packaged lemon juice and it still tastes good.
- I prefer to serve this over Boston lettuce, with some other greens.
- Discard after 3 days, unless you enjoy botulism.