Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This wonderfully light balsamic vinaigrette can be made In less then five minutes. Shake up a cup of this tasty and healthy balsamic vinaigrette from Good Housekeeping for your fresh salad.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine canola oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, warm water, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cover and shake until well blended. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 week.
- Variations: Prepare balsamic vinaigrette and add one of the following:.
- Herb: 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves.
- Shallot: 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots.
- Citrus: 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel.
This is a great vinaigrette. I had it on iceburg lettuce, cucumbers and olives salad. Thanks Carol :) Made for I Recommend tag game
Delicious and simple! I halved the recipe and it still made plenty for a few salads. The flavors meld beautifully together. I like it better than any store bought version I've tried. Thank you!! ~Made for Family Picks during ZWT5 for the Epicurean Queens~
A super quick and easy dressing to make that I am sure to use many times over. I look forward to trying one of the variations mentioned. Made for a fellow Queen during *ZWT 5*