Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing only requires 4 ingredients- Balsamic, dijon mustard, a garlic clove and olive oil oops.... forgot to count the salt and pepper! From Colin Cowie's Effortless Elegance.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, and garlic. Add the oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Alternatively, you could put all ingredients in a jar with a tight lid and shake.
Perfect in it's simplicity.
This is delicious! I used extra virgin olive oil and added an extra little bit of dijon mustard. Whisked it up and used it in salads for the next 2 weeks. It tastes exactly the same the first day as it does in two weeks (refrigerated). Yum!
Why buy dressing at the store? This dressing is quick to put together and goes great on my different types of salads.