Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This basic balsamic dressing is light and refreshing. This dressing is at its best served on a bed of spring mix or variety greens, sprinkled with red onion rings and accented by strawberries and toasted pecans.
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed (2 large cloves)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Whisk together first five ingredients.
- Continue whisking, while drizzling the oil into the mixture.
- Set aside the dressing. Allow 30 minutes for the flavors to meld.
I made this twice, once with regular balsamic and the other with a 25 year balsamic. Definitely use a good balsamic for the best flavor. Will make again! Made for Spring PAC 2011.