Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Sprinkle the tuna with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium high.
- Add the tuna and cook 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked almost to desired degree of doneness.
- The tuna will continue to cook slightly after it is removed from the pan.
- Two minutes on each side will result in a pink, not red, center.
- After removing the tuna from the pan, add the vinegar and orange juice and cook, stirring, until the liquid begins to turn to a syrup.
- To test, drag a spoon through the liquid along the center of the pan; the path of the spoon will not fill in quickly as the liquid becomes syrupy.
- Drizzle the syrup over the tuna and serve immediately.
this is really good. i was worried that the OJ would make it too sweet for my taste, but it cooked right off. perfect punch of vinegary bite and peppery heartiness. i only had two tuna steaks, but i still made the amount of sauce called for in the recipe (i like lots), so you may want to double the sauce for four steaks. sprinkle with some fresh lemon. nice.
Very simple and good .. my husband likes it well done so I cooked it for a few extra minutes .. thank you :)
This was SO good and easy. I'm a pepper lover so I went a bit heavier on it than the recipe says. This is a real keeper, thanks.