1/8 Photos of Balsamic Tomato Couscous
We had a potluck to attend where we had been asked to bring a side dish. I was craving couscous though I knew few (if any) of my friends would be willing to try it. Never mind, I moved forward! This is a slight adaptation of one I found in one of my favorite cookbooks "500 almost fat free pasta recipes." And truth be told, I brought very little home and got asked for the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium pan, bring the broth to a boil.
- 2When it is boiling add the basil and garlic and stir. Then add the couscous, cover the pan, and remove it from the heat. Let sit 5-10 minutes.
- 3Chop the tomatoes.
- 4In a small bowl mix the balsamic vinegar, the oil, and the pepper. Add the tomatoes.
- 5When the couscous is ready add the tomato mixture and mix well.
- 6Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Tomato Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: