Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
a different pasta to make. Smoked chorizo is available from the deli section of the supermarket. Tip: You could replace the chorizo with 200g thinly sliced mild salami, chopped.
- 400 g dry fettuccine
- 2 (125 g) smoked chorizo sausages, sliced diagonally (see note)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 500 g pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 100 g pitted kalamata olives
- 70 g baby rocket, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a deep, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in pasta sauce and vinegar. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Drain pasta. Return to pan. Add tomato mixture, olives and chorizo. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Top with rocket. Serve.