1/2 Photos of Balsamic Tomato and Garlic Pizza With Walnuts
I adopted this recipe and have not yet tried it. I also have a fear of yeast, but believe that Mean Chef's original pizza dough would work well for this recipe (Pizza Dough). The original chef recommended another crust that was supposed to be so good your head would spin, but I trust Mean Chef's recipe. Original intro comments are: "This is a great combination. Try it! The tomato mixture is enough for two 12 inch pizzas. Adjust accordingly depending on how many pizzas you are interested in making."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pizza dough (I recommend Mean Chef's original Pizza Dough...but you may have to double this for 2 pizzas)
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped fresh
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Combine the tomato, balsamic vinegar, salt, garlic and walnuts and let them sit for about 20 to 30 minutes so the flavors can combine.
- 3Press dough into a heavy well oiled 12 inch pan – I use a cast iron skillet
- 4Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese on the dough, follow with half of the tomato mixture and 1/4 cup of the feta cheese.
- 5Bake in very hot 450 oven until it is nicely browned.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Tomato and Garlic Pizza With Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (759 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.8
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 121.8 mg
- Sodium 2295.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: