Recipe by Marina K
This recipe was taken from the Spring 2008 edition of "Clean Eating" magazine, a relatively new publication that we came across. It is very healthful, and fresh-tasting - an ideal way to celebrate the arrival of spring! When we made it, we used a whole bunch of asparagus and omitted the green beans for the sake of convenience.
- 1 (300 g) package tofu, extra firm, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup green beans, chopped into quarters
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a wok, or large pot with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add tofu and saute for 5 minutes, then remove to a plate.
- Add vegetables, mango, teriyaki sauce, balsamic vinegar and pepper flakes, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Then add tofu back to wok and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve on its own, over with brown rice.