Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from the cookbook Healthy Cooking For Two, by Brenda Shriver.
Make and share this Balsamic Thyme Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon low-fat margarine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1⁄3 green pepper, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup onion, slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Spray shallow one quart baking dish with veg spray.
- Heat margarine in med.
- nonstick skillet over med high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until slightly browned; remove chicken to baking dish.
- Pour broth into skillet, add peppers, onion and thyme; simmer about ten minutes.
- Lift veggies from skillet with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chicken.
- In small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; Pour into skillet, bring to a boil and simmer about five minutes.
- Pour over chicken, cover, and bake for 20 minutes or till chicken is tender.
Amazing! The chicken was so tender and the flavour was great. I also skipped the peppers and added roasted garlic. My husband devoured it. He asked what its was called so he can request it again and again!
We didn't have any peppers so we skipped that ingredient. The chicken was delicious and light. Thanks Melany!
I also did not have any peppers and so omitted them this time (will make sure to add next time) and I also added some more thyme and balsamic. Very delicious and complexly flavored dish. Thank you!