1 hr 5 mins
Melany *'s Note:
This is from the cookbook Healthy Cooking For Two, by Brenda Shriver.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon low-fat margarine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup low-fat low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1/3 green pepper, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup onion, slices
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray shallow one quart baking dish with veg spray.
- 3Heat margarine in med.
- 4nonstick skillet over med high heat.
- 5Add chicken and cook until slightly browned; remove chicken to baking dish.
- 6Pour broth into skillet, add peppers, onion and thyme; simmer about ten minutes.
- 7Lift veggies from skillet with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chicken.
- 8In small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; Pour into skillet, bring to a boil and simmer about five minutes.
- 9Pour over chicken, cover, and bake for 20 minutes or till chicken is tender.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Thyme Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 151.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: