Recipe by Melany *
This is from the cookbook Healthy Cooking For Two, by Brenda Shriver.
Top Review by KatBlack
Amazing! The chicken was so tender and the flavour was great. I also skipped the peppers and added roasted garlic. My husband devoured it. He asked what its was called so he can request it again and again!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon low-fat margarine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1⁄3 green pepper, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup onion, slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Spray shallow one quart baking dish with veg spray.
- Heat margarine in med.
- nonstick skillet over med high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until slightly browned; remove chicken to baking dish.
- Pour broth into skillet, add peppers, onion and thyme; simmer about ten minutes.
- Lift veggies from skillet with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chicken.
- In small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; Pour into skillet, bring to a boil and simmer about five minutes.
- Pour over chicken, cover, and bake for 20 minutes or till chicken is tender.