Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Atco Blue Flame Kitchen - Calgary's gas company always has some awesome recipes. This looks really different as a syrup to put over strawberries or any other kind of berry.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (or to taste)
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- Combine vinegar and sugar in a small nonreactive saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until mixture is syrupy and reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool completely.
- Serve drizzled over strawberries or melon.
- Cooking time does not include chilling time.
This is delicous! Sweet, tangy and a lovely hint of vanilla.
Easy and good too! A lovely way to eat strawberries!