Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
From Cooking Light. Per 2/3 c. serving: 159 calories, 5.4 g fat, 5.1 g protein, 24.7 g carb, 4.5 g fiber, 11 mg cholesterol.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in onion and garlic; stir/saute for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add in corn, bell pepper, basil, and beans; stir/saute 4 minutes.
- Add in broth, sugar, salt, and pepper; cook 7 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in vinegar.